Thursday, July 14, 2016

#24for24years

I could write 10,000 words about today. I could write about every single story. I want to tell each one and I want to give them justice - I wanted this project to shine light on how important it is to share simple things with people. We are a community, a family - we were made to love each other and be there for each other.

So I decided to do something positive for my birthday. I did not want a party, I did not want things shined on me - I wanted to give small things to people I know and people I don’t. I wanted to share the love of Jesus just through buying a snow cone for a stranger, giving a homemade cupcake to a city worker, or giving cold bottle of water to someone working in the heat. I wanted people to know they they are loved and valued. I wanted people to take the joy they received in that one second of me me handing them something and I wanted them to share that joy - spread that joy like wildfire. 

This isn’t a blog to tell you the good things I did. This is a blog to tell you that I am in a FUNK. I have been for quiet sometime, I am in route to get back to being myself. It isn’t easy - so today I put myself aside and I fully embraced every hug, every smile, every laugh, every tear and I watched my sister and her best friend live it out too. They were excited about helping and spreading joy. I watched positive things get pumped into social media and while I never intended for my name to be attached - I cried each time I saw their smiles or heard their stories. 

Today was for this community. It was for my friends here in my hometown. It was for the mechanic who fixes my car. for the family who gives free hugs at the snow cone stand. for the Waste Management men who were on their lunch break. for the little girl who wanted a snow cone on a summer day. for my neighbors. for the family who wanted a Redbox. for the lady at the gas station who needed a hug. for the men who work in the heat all day. for the people who play Pokemon. for the pet owners. for the cancer survivors. for the people who needed encouragement while learning to cook or hike a mountain. for the people who look different than me, think different than me and act different than me - this was all for you. 


Today is a day I will carry forever. I loved today.

I am beyond thankful for every person who accepted these gifts. I am beyond thankful for the people who are continuing to share the joy. KEEP IT GOING. 














No comments:

Post a Comment